We’re sure you’ve heard it all before, ‘healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring’ and it’s true.
Bianca Cheah is an advocate to leading a healthy lifestyle and making healthier choices, here she shares her insights into becoming more radiant, nourished, happy and energised.
As the founder of leading digital publication Sporteluxe and successful businesswoman she’s one of the most influential minds to when it comes to health and fitness. For Bianca, leading a healthy life wasn’t a one-time thing nor was it a sudden overnight revelation but a lifestyle she’s proud to be living. Although always having an active lifestyle with her dad introducing Taekwondo to Australia and with her mum running a few healthy cafes, her wellness philosophy is one to take note of.
So you’ve gotten this far and you’ve probably done all of the above but you find your food is so bland and downright boring? You’re not alone. “If you eat bland food, you will feel miserable and you’re more likely to abandon your clean eating,” says Cheah.
The key is to “use fresh spices and flavours and ingredients such as lemon juice on salads… eat more vegetables… and allow yourself treats in moderation.”
Be creative in the kitchen, plan and prepare and you won’t even feel like you’re on a diet because it’ll become part of your lifestyle just like Cheah.
Over time she’s found ways to tweak her diet by doing the following – so take note, there’s no prescription to a healthy living, find what works for you. Here are some ideas to start with:
- Have very little sugar – use honey instead because it contains more nutrients.
- Minimise intake of carbs – they make her feel bloated and lethargic – so if you’re feeling the effects, this is something to consider
- Avoid processed foods – they really give her a feeling that is like a hangover – reconsider your choices
- Become vigilant about avoiding preservatives, colours and additives.
- Eat more lean protein, which is critical when you’re working out because protein makes your muscles grow.
- Eat lots of fresh food: The more fresh the meal, the better she feels – feel the difference.
- Enjoy a variety of vegetables, which are on high rotation in her diet.
Bianca’s day on a plate
BREAKFAST: Green juice of spinach, lemon, cucumber, celery (no apple) and a chia pod
MID-MORNING: Soy latte
LUNCH: Tuna or chicken salad: purple onion, lettuce, cucumber, grape tomatoes, boiled eggs
A squeeze of lemon over the top for dressing
DINNER: Grilled fish, chicken or steak served with vegetables e.g. broccolini, squash, carrots and snow peas
SNACK: A handful of almonds or macadamia nuts
BREAKFAST: Green juice of spinach, lemon, cucumber, celery (no apples) and a chia pod
MID MORNING: A soy latte
LUNCH: Homemade soup with lots of vegetables
DINNER: A lean piece of grilled steak served with broccolini, Brussels sprouts, homemade Napoli sauce
SNACK: Instead of a sweet snack I enjoy a cup of English breakfast tea with honey
DRINKS: 2 litres of water and a small glass of coconut water daily
Browse our healthy recipes for some ideas and remember spices are your best friend.
The post Why you need to bring the fun back into healthy eating appeared first on Women’s Health and Fitness.