Spicy quinoa lettuce cups
Looking for healthy lunch ideas? Try these yummy spicy quinoa lettuce cups by our January 2017 cover model, Tiffiny Hall.
// Prep: 10 min // Cook: 30 min
Ingredients (Serves 2) Prep: 10 min // Cook: 30 min
- ¾ cup mixed quinoa
- 1 ¾ cup vegetable stock
- 125g tin four bean mix, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tomatoes, cut into 1 cm dice
- ¼ bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 4 large cos lettuce leaves
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Place quinoa into a saucepan with 1 ¾ cup vegetable stock, simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Drain quinoa and spread onto a baking tray.
3. To the baking tray, add bean mix, spices and garlic and mix through. Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until quinoa is slightly crunchy.
4. Meanwhile, mash avocado and lemon juice together and set aside.
5. Remove quinoa from oven, toss tomato and coriander through quinoa and bean mix.
6. Spoon quinoa mix into lettuce leaves and dollop on avocado to serve.
Get Tiffiny’s full work out and meal plan in the January 2017 edition of Women’s Health and Fitness Magazine.
Find more healthy recipes in our extensive recipe collection.
The post Spicy quinoa lettuce cups appeared first on Women’s Health and Fitness.