Protein carrot cake cupcake recipe
With hints of vanilla, cinnamon and salted caramel, and containing less than 13 grams of carbs, we doubt you will stop at one of these protein carrot cake cupcakes.
Settle down with a cuppa and a clean protein cupcake this winter, courtesy of WH&F cover model Heidi Cannon.
Ingredients (makes 8)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop of salted caramel protein powder of your choice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup low fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. organic icing sugar
- 1 scoop salted caramel protein powder of your choice
1. Shred carrots in food processor.
2. Fold in all wet ingredients.
3. Slowly add in dry ingredients to mixture and blend together (mixture will be fairly dense). Scoop out the mixture and place into individual cupcake tins. I recommend using a tin foil lined cupcake wrapper to make removal easier.
1. With an electric mixer, blend cream cheese and salted caramel protein powder.
2. Slowly add in organic icing sugar and blend together.
3. Place in fridge for 10 to 15mins or until you are ready to ice the cupcakes.
NUTRITION (per cupcake, depending on protein powder used)
Protein= 7g // Fat= 18.25g // Carbs=12.25g // Calories= 236
NEXT: Looking for more healthy treats? Try these mini chocolate pronuts today.
The post Protein carrot cake cupcake recipe appeared first on Women’s Health and Fitness.