Feeling sluggish? This salad recipe is sure to boost your energy levels!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 cup shelled fresh or frozen edamame beans
- 1 beetroot
- 1 carrot
- ¼ daikon radish (optional)
- 5 handfuls of rocket or baby spinach
- 2 radishes, sliced thinly
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- 1 handful of micro greens (optional)
Garlic Honey Dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Salt and ground black pepper
1. Boil edamame beans in salted water until tender (about 5 minutes for frozen and 8 minutes for fresh). Rinse under cold water, drain and cool.
2. Peel beetroot, carrot and daikon radish, cut into matchsticks and place in a serving bowl with edamame, rocket or baby spinach, radishes, roasted almonds and micro greens.
To make Garlic Honey Dressing: Shake all ingredients in a small jar. Toss through salad just before serving.
Want to lose weight? Find out your ideal weight, browse low-fat recipes and choose a healthy eating plan.
Don’t forget to connect with us on Twitter and Facebook for daily updates!