Keep your belly warm and healthy this winter with this mouth-watering green curry courtesy of Broth of Life.
- 4 chicken breasts without bone and skin – cut into large pieces (Vego option: your favourite vegetables or tofu)
- 1 x 400ml can of organic coconut milk
- ½ cup of pistachio nuts – chopped to garnish
- 4 teaspoons of Broth of Life Dehydrated Chicken Broth
- 1 red chilli – thinly sliced to garnish
- 1 handful fresh coriander – to garnish
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves – to garnish
- 3 teaspoons of Broth of Life Dehydrated Chicken Broth
- 4-5 Kaffir lime leaves – torn discarding the stems & central veins
- 4 medium green chillis – deseeded & finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of galangal or 1 tbsp of ginger – peeled & chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 6 spring onions – washed & chopped
- 4 medium limes – zest & juice
- 2 lemongrass stalks – trimmed back & chopped finely
- 1 bunch of fresh basil or ½ a bunch Thai basil with stalk
- 1 bunch of coriander with stalk
1. Place all of the curry paste ingredients into a food processor and mix until a smooth paste forms.
2. Use half the paste to marinate the chicken for at least 30 mins. Allowing more time gives an extra seasoned and aromatic flavour.
3. Add olive oil to a hot wok or casserole pan and fry chicken for 5 mins, then add the rest of the marinade.
4. Add the coconut milk, bring to the boil, then simmer uncovered for about 10 mins until the chicken is cooked.
5. If you do want to add more salt, you can add another ½ tablespoon of fish sauce to the dish.
6. Serve into 4 bowls and add a teaspoon of Broth of Life Dehydrated Chicken Broth on top of each.
7. Sprinkle each bowl with pistachio nuts, fresh coriander leaves, Kaffir lime leaf and red chilli to garnish.
8. Serve with organic brown rice, if desired.
Photography: Emma Sheldrake
NEXT: Looking for more healthy recipes? Head to our extensive recipe collection for more.