Fig and cashew paleo bars
Looking for healthy snacks on the go? Try these delicious fig and cashew paleo-friendly bars by our friends at Flannerys. They’re also vegan, gluten free, dairy and egg free, so you know you’re in good hands.
- 1 ¼ cup Flannerys Own Organic Figs (stemless)
- 2 cups Flannerys Own Organic Raw Cashews, plus extra for topping
- 1 cup Flannerys Own Coconut Chips, plus extra for topping
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt, plus extra for topping
- 1/3 cup Flannerys Own Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Flannerys Own Cacao Powder
1. Place figs, cashews, coconut, vanilla and sea salt in a food processor and blend until mixed well, but not pureed
2. Pour mixture into a lined baking dish and press down with a fork until mixture is flat
3. Mix the coconut oil, cacao powder and vanilla together in a small saucepan over a low heat until melted, then pour over the fig and cashew mixture evenly
4. Sprinkle extra coconut, cashews and sea salt over the top of the icing and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until hardened.