Chickpea and vegetable curry
intro text here
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 long green chillies, finely chopped
- ½ tsp dried turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 potatoes, cut into large cubes
- 2 carrots, cut into thick slices
- 2 zucchini, cut into thick slices
- 425 g can salt-reduced chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml reduced salt vegetable stock
- 400 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1 cup frozen peas
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion and ginger and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, chillies and spices and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
2. Add potatoes and carrots and cook until vegetables are coated in the spices. Stir in zucchini, tomatoes and stock and simmer. Reduce heat and cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and curry has thickened slightly. Add chickpeas and stir.
3. Add peas and spinach; cook until spinach just wilts and chickpeas are soft. Serve curry with cooked brown rice.
Aloysa Hourigan is Senior Nutritionist and Program Manager for Nutrition Australia Queensland. She also works as a dietitian in private practice.
NEXT: Browse more healthy recipes or connect with us on Facebook!
The post Chickpea and vegetable curry appeared first on Women’s Health and Fitness.